Throughout the year we will aim run a variety of workshops to help provide support for the voice over community. Our workshops will be based on your needs and areas of the industry you feel you need to gain more experience in. We want to provide support via these workshops so you don’t feel overwhelmed by the requirements of the present day industry. We understand that working in a studio, alone, on a day to day basis can be a lonely place, so our workshops will aim to bring you together in a supportive way. We work in a fun and creative industry and so we want to be able to express that with these workshops. The workshops will be run remotely as groups and we will look at having smaller workshops at the studio.
Our workshops will cover a number of areas including:
Voice direction sessions
- We will have sessions where you are given scripts in a chosen genre and asked to read as if in a real recording session
- Self-directing. We will look at how to self-direct and learning how to listen to your own voice and get the most out of yourself
- There will be elements of coaching in each session
- Step by step approaches from using your body as an instrument to sending your final recording in an email
- Audio processing: What plugins to use when and how
- The different types of software and how to use them
- We’ll look at ways to market your business
- How to use social media and the types of posts you can use to market yourself
- What are clients really looking for?
- Who should you be marketing yourself to?
- What it’s like to work in this industry
- An open discussion about mental health in our industry
- Share ideas of how to combat the anxiety of working alone and building your business
Keep an eye for our workshops on social media and if you’re interested feel free to contact us for more information. If you would like to reserve your place on one of our workshops take a look at our payment options. You can wither pay to participate or to watch.